Let’s be honest. It doesn’t take much skill to point out all the things that are wrong with this world we live in today. And I agree, we still have a lot of work ahead of us. While I find it important to identify and talk about problems (which enables us to find solutions for them), I also have learned that it usually is the people who have the most hope for the future, who have the most influence in the present.
Here are 7 photos that will help restore your hope for humanity.
1. The moment in which this Ohio athlete stopped to help an injured competitor across the finish line
2. This sign at a subway restaurant
3. This sign at a dry cleaner
4. This photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro
5. These Norwegian guys rescuing a sheep from the ocean
6. This note on a young family’s check
7. This story about Japanese senior citizens who volunteered to tackle the nuclear crisis at Fukushima power station so that young people wouldn’t have to
If you still don’t have enough, take a look at this amazing video by Coca Cola. This is a great example of people doing good things when no one is watching.
Did these pictures and the video inspire you to be more hopeful about today’s society? Do you think it’s more important to focus on problems or on positive things (or balance between the two)?
Let me know by commenting below, and don’t forget to share this post with your friends using this button: