Creativity is a huge part of the revival-lifestyle. It’s actually something every human being uses to some degree every single day. We imagine, Innovate, paint, write, brainstorm, organize and much more; oftentimes without even being aware of it. Being creative simply means making use of the potential our Creator has already stored inside of us. I’m sure He loves it to watch us create things.
But what can we do to “steward” our creativity and make full use of it?
Here’s a great practical list of 33 things that can help you be more creative or channel your creativity better on that “slow” day.
The first 29:
2. Carry a notebook everywhere
3. Try free writing
4. Get away from the computer
5. Quit beating yourself up
7. Sing in the shower
8. Drink Coffee
9. Listen to new music
10. Be open
11. Surround yourself with creative people
12. Get feedback
14. Don’t give up
16. Allow yourself to make mistakes
17. Go somewhere new
18. Count your blessings
19. Get lots of rest
20. Take risk
22. Don’t force it
23. Read a page of the dictionary
24. Create a framework
25. Stop trying to be someone else’s perfect
26. Write ideas down. Immediately!
27. Clean your workspace
28. Have fun
29. Finish something
In my personal experience as artist and writer I’ve learned a few other important things…
My additional 4 tips:
31. Allow yourself to dream big!
32. Always have pen and paper next to your bed to write down dreams or other night-time impressions
33. Revisit and organize your “creative ideas” lists on regular basis!
How do you experience and mange your creativity? Shouldn’t we as believers in living relationship with the creator be the most creative people on earth?
Let me know what you think!